Friday, June 4, 2010

Read the fine print

I was looking to buy a television and, in doing my online research, this ad appeared over the Sony TV I was looking at...
Enticed, I clicked on the "See details and learn more >" button, which revealed the following text...
Excludes Samsung, Sony, and computers. 
So why tell me that I can save money or get a no interest credit loan when, indeed, I cannot? Only the marketing department knows the answer.

Let this be a lesson to us all. Do not read only the large print that the marketing department wants you to concentrate on. Read the fine print, too.

Also bear in mind that errors happen, as in the case of 612 month financing. This is obviously a mistake, and the store is under no obligation to honor it. A human or computer error obviously dropped a "/" (slash) between the 6 and 12: No Interest financing is offered for either 6 or 12 months, not 612 months.